The Benefits of Soy Wax
Soy wax has many environmental and health benefits and we love working with it. Here are some of our top reasons for choosing soy wax candles:
- Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. Our wax comes from crops grown in the USA and is an entirely natural product that's safe for your skin and respiratory system.
- Soy is a renewable source unlike paraffin wax which relies in our dwindling supply of crude oil.
- Soy wax is a carbon neutral product, meaning you can enjoy your candle knowing it hasn't had a negative impact on the environment.
- Soy wax burns on average 40-50% slower than paraffin wax, resulting in long-lasting candles and giving you better value for money.
- Soy washes away with warm soapy water making it easy to repurpose your vessel once the candle has burned down. No more soaking with boiling water and chipping away at residual wax.
- Soy wax is clean burning and doesn't release toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means it's less likely to trigger allergies.
- Soy wax won't release petrol-carbon soot like you get from paraffin candles meaning no oily black marks on your walls! Keeping the wick trimmed short will also ensure that the candle doesn't smoke and that it burns efficiently.